Effective on February 1, 2011.
Updated on November 2, 2015.
This privacy statement describes how MyCastingNet collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.mycastingnet.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number and mobile phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
We also collect the following information from you
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Fulfill your order
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Enable you to post your resume, search job postings, and contact or be contacted by prospective employers
- List you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you do not want to be listed in our directory contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward to a Friend
If you choose to use the forward feature on a users profile to share with your friend, we will ask for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. MyCastingNet stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. To request removal of personal information from these messages or removal of photos and videos or to request deletion or deactivation of your profile you may contact us at email@example.com.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
You can import contacts from your Outlook or other email account address book to invite them to become members of our site. We collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from and will only use it for that purpose.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your credit card , email delivery, facilitating casting calls, application hosting, or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to providethese services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if MyCastingNet is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) which may be placed by MyCastingNet or a third party and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of MyCastingNet. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Policy Information
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review, delete inaccuracies, update your personal information to ensure it is accurate or for any other privacy related issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your account and make the changes within the profile section of your account. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You are in control of who is able to view certain sections of your profile, to update your privacy settings simply login to your account and select cancel my account.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:MyCastingNet
Level 2, 341 Barrenjoey Road
Newport Beach, NSW 2106 Australia.
US Office: +1 323 417 2017
Australian Office: +61 2 8915 1917
Fax +61 2 8572 9925