Effective on February 1, 2011.
Updated on 5 April 2018.
In this policy:
- ‘you’ are the user who has accessed our website;
- ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to MyCastingNet Pty Ltd (ACN 143 564 514);
- ‘Producer’ is a person or company that uses our casting services to create forms for you to complete, and includes casting agents, directors, creators, staff and other representatives involved in making the relevant Program; and
- ‘Program’ means the television show or other project that the Producer intends to make.
- What is our Website?
Our Website is our online service where you can access our casting services via this address: www.mycastingnet.com and go.mycastingnet.com using a computer, mobile, tablet or other device. We own and operate our Website.
We collect the personal information you provide via our Website. Personal information is information about you that reveals your identity or information that makes it possible for you to be identified. We store your personal information on our computer servers which are currently located in Singapore (but which may be located in other countries from time to time).
- What are our Services?
You are able to use our Website to complete an application to participate in a Program (“Application”). In making an Application, you are required to provide the required information, which will include personal information about you and which may include information about your family members and/or friends. Where you provide information about any other individuals you agree that you have the permission of those third parties to do so.
- Our Privacy Promise
- to use our reasonable endeavours to keep your data safe and private;
- to only provide data about you to the Producer of the relevant Program in respect of which you are completing an Application; and
- to give you ways to manage and review the way we communicate with you.
- How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when you prepare your Application or submit your Application to us.
When you prepare or submit an Application, we will collect the following information from you:
- contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and mobile phone number;
- unique identifiers such as your user name, account number and password;
- preferences information;
- demographic information such as your age, education, gender, interests and postcode;
- your employment history; and
- any other information required by the relevant Producer for the purposes of the Application.
We may also collect personal information that is sensitive information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) or special categories of personal data (as that phrase is referred to in the EU General Data Protection Regulation). Sensitive information or special categories of personal data require a higher level of protection because if it is not handled appropriately there could be adverse consequences for you. Sensitive information that we collect from you may include:
- your health information;
- information about your religion, political, philosophical or other beliefs; and
- information about your racial or ethnic origin.
We will always seek your consent before we collect this sensitive information or special categories of personal data. You may contact us to withdraw this consent at any time.
The personal information that you provide to us may be in the form of text, images and or video that you submit an Application.
As is true of most Websites, we also automatically gather information when you use our Website about your device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and your operating system.
- How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide your Application to the relevant Producer;
- enable the Producer to communicate with you regarding your Application (for example, so they can notify you of a casting session or request more information from you);
- enable the Producer to consider whether you are suitable for another Program (other than the program for which you have submitted an Application) and contact you regarding that other Program;
- respond to your requests and questions;
- administer your Application;
- send you newsletters and marketing communications;
- improve our Website and marketing efforts;
- conduct research and analysis; and
- display content based upon your interests.
- How we share and disclose your personal information
We give Producers access to your personal information and Application so the Producer can decide whether or not to pursue discussions with you about your potential participation in the Program or, possibly, another Program. The Producer, and not us, is responsible for considering your Application. If you have any questions about your Application, of if you want to withdraw your Application, you should contact the Producer or the person named in the application form.
We also allow Producers to access your personal information so that Producers may contact you, or get us to contact you on their behalf, to discuss your suitability for or see if you are interested in submitting an application for another Program that the Producer intends to make.
We may also provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to us, for example, delivering email, organising casting calls, application hosting, or offering customer service. We authorise these companies to use your personal information only as is necessary so they can provide their services to us and they are not authorised to use your personal information in any other way.
Furthermore, we may also disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a request for information or subpoena;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or
- with your permission, to any other third party.
If MyCastingNet is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its business, we will contact you and/or place a notice on the Website regarding any change to our ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information:
- for as long as your Application is active and as needed to provide our Services to you;
- for as long as the Producer instructs us to retain your personal information in order to consider your suitability for and interest in the Program or other Programs; and
- in some cases, we may be required to retain your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements.
- How do we hold your personal information?
We may store your personal information in other countries for the limited purpose of hosting and maintaining back-up copies of our Website and Service.
We may also store your personal information in back-ups of our data.
- Opting out of direct communications
You can stop receiving our newsletter and / or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails. Alternatively, you can contact us to request to be removed from our newsletter and / or marketing email lists.
- Information obtained from third parties
If you provide us with personal information about others, or if others give us your personal information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Web beacons
Our Website contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) which may be placed by MyCastingNet or a third party and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how our Website is used. Web beacons may also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
- Links to other websites
MyCastingNet takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or unauthorised disclosure.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. MyCastingNet uses various security features to protect personal information such as data encryption, secure socket layer technology (SSL) and we do periodic penetration testing and remediation to prevent unauthorised access or loss of data. We encrypt back-ups of our data.
- Additional policy information
- Your rights
- Correcting and updating your personal information
If you believe your personal information that we hold is wrong, incomplete or inaccurate please contact us to review, update, correct or delete it. Please contact us if you would like us to delete your personal information from our systems all together.
Please note that we can only process requests in respect of personal information that we hold. We are unable to recover your personal information from any Producer or other third party to whom we have provided your personal information. You may need to contact the relevant Producer or other third party to make a request concerning your personal information that is held by the Producer or other third party.
EU data subjects
For the purposes of the EU GDPR:
- Users have the right to request that we erase all copies of their personal information that we hold. Please contact us if you would like us to delete your personal information from our systems altogether.
- Users have the right to receive their personal information provided to us, or request that this data be provided to another controller. Please contact us if you would like to receive your personal information or have us provide it to another controller.
Please contact us in writing if you want to make a complaint about your privacy. We will respond to your written complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If you are not satisfied with the way that we handled or responded to your complaint, then you may make a complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. We set out following the contact details for regulators in Australia and Europe.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Postal address: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Complaints form: https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=APC_PC
The European Data Protection Supervisor
Postal address: Rue Wiertz 60, B-1047 Brussels
Office address: Rue Montoyer 30, B-1000 Brussels
Telephone: +32 2 283 19 00
- Contact us
Please contact us if you have and questions or concerns about how we collect, store, use or disclose your personal information we collect through the Website, or request that we no longer use your personal information. If you want to cancel your Application, you should contact the Producer or the person named in the application form.
MyCastingNet Pty Ltd
Postal address: Level 2, 341 Barrenjoey Road Newport Beach, NSW 2106 Australia.
Telephone: US Office: +1 323 417 2017 / Australian Office: +61 2 8915 1917
Fax: +61 2 8572 9925